Friday, April 27, 2012

Would this mac’s video card be ok for me?

I was looking at macs and I found this Imac:



http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Desktop-Display-MA877LL-SuperDrive/dp/B000R81W7U/ref=pd_bbs_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1215302991&sr=8-6



It has a 256MB video card and that will run all of my games. Most of my games only require 64MB and only a few of my games require a 128MB so this card will be fine for what I do now. If I buy a mac I want it to last at lest 5-10 years so I’m a little concerned about that video card because the technology in games are advancing and I can’t upgrade the video card. My favorite genre of game is strategy (my all time favorite game is civilization IV) and I don’t think strategy games will ever be considered the best in graphics. So do you think this mac’s video card would be ok for me?|||lol. 5-10 years is pretty optimistic. computer technology approximately doubles in capacity every 2 years (moore's law)



This has been true for the last 30 years.



the machine has an ati radeom 2600 pro which is a slower chipset than the 8600gt commonly considered a low end card in PC's.



If you are a gamer, this machine is really not much good as far as "future-proofing" goes.



Probably not the answer you were looking for but it would be a shame for you to spend $1200 and find its a paperweight as far as playing games in 1-2 years time.



You can get macs with an 8800gt or gs (the gt is better). this would be a better fonfiguration to look at if you want gaming longevity.|||it maybe but idk because the games r going to change so much in the next 5-10 years. you need a new computer like every 3 years now to even try to stay with the latest technology to support everything. Its just to hard to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment