Friday, April 27, 2012

I want to buy a Mac but I also want a good gaming rig. Can I upgrade the new Mac's video cards, RAM, etc.?

I usually put new components in my PC and I want to know if I can do the same with a Mac. I also want to know if I can dual-boot Vista and Leopard on the same drive or if I need a secondary drive or, if its even possible.|||You want a gaming rig? No luck with the MAC. First off, even if you get your MAC upto snuff with the hardware, good luck trying to find any games (good ones at least) as they jut do not make them.



you can upgrade your MAC but only with proprietary hardware from MAC or certified MAC parts. RAM, VIDEO Sound, and HDD. That's it! Well your CPU if you buy an adapter which costs an arm and a leg.



As far as running vista and OSX Sure! You can use boot camp for this. If your MAC has a pentium chip ofcourse.



Good luck!|||video cards and ram and all that can be upgraded, but not motherboard, and most games require to you to buy ported versions to play them on macs, pc versions don't work on macs.

you can dual boot vista and leopard, you can even do it on the same drive by partitioning it, but make sure the drives and partitions are big enough, i wouldn't recommend that though, you should use 2 drives.|||I'd buy one of these:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/5…|||You want to talk to a representative through Apple Store Chat on their website. They should be able to tell you what you need to know. MacBook Pro is definitely the best choice (if you can afford it). As for dual-booting, you can rest easy knowing Boot Camp, included with Mac OS X Leopard, allows them on the same drive. All ya need is a copy of Windows.|||mac's are over rated, over priced and not cost effective during the systems life time, when it come to buying accessories and software they to are over priced.. and when it comes to repairs it can only be done at mac's or a mac agents at a high price...

No comments:

Post a Comment