Friday, April 27, 2012

Can you change the video card on a mac mini?

I need a new computer and really want to change to mac. However, I need my research and found that I won't be able to play The Sims 3 on it because the graphics card is not supported and does not work with those types of games.|||MAC OSX in general doesn't support a lot of gaming. If you ask me, unless you absolutely need the MAC for some unreasonable functionallity, it's not worth the sticker price. But to answer your question, not it won't work natively if you swap cards because the way the OS is developed. Your OS when first shipped on that MAC contains a hardware profile and if you attempt to replace a part that is not exactly the same as the previous, it freaks out (won't turn on). You have to alter the OS hardware profiles in a fashion to where you're actually able to perform mods like that in most cases.



Edit: Tallest Skil, there is no reason to treat people like dog sh*t just because they are unware of features or support for a system. Be reasonable. If you're going to act like that, then don't answer the question out of dignity.|||Sorry, the Mini has an integrated video card. The only parts you can change are the hard drive and RAM. Having done this myself, I can confirm that it's a pain. I repair computers for a living and normally replacing the HD and RAM takes me 5 minutes. On my Mini, it took nearly an hour, most of it spent swearing. For once I thought about just paying someone to do it for me.



Unfortunately Macs aren't much for gaming and the Mini is the cheapest one for a reason. You might check the iMac line to see if any of them will meet the specs.|||No, of course not. Have you even looked at a Mac Mini? There are no cards small enough to fit in the case, and it's not even a CARD. It's a chip that is soldered to the logic board.



AND YES, IT FRICKING DOES WORK WITH THE SIMS THREE. My gosh, are you really that dense? You even had the specs to compare side by side and you think that it doesn't work? PATHETIC.



IT. WORKS. FRICK'S SAKE.|||No, the graphics chip is soldered to the logic board.

No comments:

Post a Comment