Thursday, April 26, 2012

Video Cards Question?

I want to get a new video card for my PC. I was doing a little research and fell upon the Power Mac G5 from Apple. When I was looking at the specs of the computer it said it had 3 video cards but all different.



My question is, What are the benefits of having 2 or more video cards that are different. Not the same but different. One of the cards was an ATI with 256 MB and one was Nvidia with 1GB. Why are they different models and from different companies (and why are they different memories?)|||I think you are misinterpreting what you read.

The computer doesn't come with 3 video cards, you have a choice of one of the video cards. They offer 3 choices.|||Nvidia and ATI specialize in different specs. I know I use the Power Mac (which is utterly amazing BTW...it seems to open applications before I press them its that fast :P) and I game with it on bootcamp, and so all the VRAM combined adds up to the best graphics out there. Things like Pixel Shading and Vertex Shading quality can depend on the brand. I really don't know all that well why, but I do know that what ever the reason is it sure is hell working for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment