Friday, April 27, 2012

Mac Video Card Control Panel?

I have been playing sims 3 and it even in windowed mode it overheats my mac, shutting it down in the middle of play. All graphics settings at lowest possible. I have been reading different pages and I have been trying to access some sort of control panel for my macs video card. it is a '08 mac with a Radeon HD 2400 XT. I am trying to access fan/heatsink settings so it wont overheat. Or enable vysnc so that sims 3 doesnt render 123482830 fps.|||Is this an iMac ?



The card you mention isn't a gaming quality card.



It's designed for general use with a specific H.264 decoder for faster web video.





Ironically, gaming simulations are the hardest jobs we ask computers to do.



And to do them well you need a big Graphical Processing Unit.



The video card in the iMac can't be as easily swapped out as you can do with the Mac Pro.



But apparently a few people have figured it out, at least on the 24" model.



Unfortunately you have to be pretty tech savvy even to try it.



However, if you download smcfancontrol maybe you can ramp up the fans to reduce the heat problem.



l

No comments:

Post a Comment